Some technical stuff
In Acrobatic Gymnastics, the gymnasts present collective and individual elements. To master these, they must learn the essential basics.
A good grip is the basis for performing a hold in Acrobatic Gymnastics. It makes it possible to carry out a hold safely and in perfect harmony. Grip techniques follow simple principles:
- Providing a contact area that is as large as possible
- Providing stable and solid support
Grips are carried out using all parts of the body. For example, there is the hand-to-hand grip, the forearm grip, the thigh grip and the foot grip.
– Possible pyramids
There are a number of collective elements, called pyramids, adapted to the level of each individual. These elements require many qualities: body posture, core strength, stability and trust. Below are a few balance elements:
Here are a few dynamic elements:
- Straight jump from the floor, catch by partner
- ¾ forward salto piked, from a handstand on the floor, catch by partner
- Double back salto tucked, from the partner, landing on the floor